Personal Librarians (PLs) are assigned to first-year incoming undergraduate students. PLs teach about the policies, resources, and services available through the library, and will assist in research needs.
Research Services Librarians (RSLs) manage the collections, assist in research, and teach how to use the resources. RSLs are assigned to specific academic departments, and thus can support more challenging research needs unique to each area of study. Librarians provide unique and custom offerings for students or for faculty and staff.
If unsure who to start with, please contact any librarian for assistance and the librarian will connect you to the expert. Ask a Librarian options allow you to contact the library for assistance by phone, email, chat, or text message.
Ask a Librarian
Librarians can assist through your preferred communication style.
- Walk-In for assistance at the Kelvin Smith Library Service Desk during open hours
- Contact your Research Services Librarian for specialized and custom assistance
- Undergraduate students can also contact their Personal Librarian
- Schedule an appointment
- Dial: (216) 368-3506
- Text Message: (216) 220-8261
- We respond in less than 2 business days.
- Live Chat: Can be found throughout the library website and provided databases. If chat is not working, you might need to turn off pop-up blockers.
- Search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and submit your question