Alumni Services @ KSL
Kelvin Smith Library and the Case Alumni Association currently collaborate to fund an offering of online resources for your personal lifelong learning. As a graduate of Case Western Reserve University, you have access to valuable library services and databases. All you have to do is apply!
Alumni Card Benefits
All CWRU Alumni are eligible for the Kelvin Smith Library alumni benefits listed below, at no charge:
- Limited access to interdisciplinary alumni-licensed online databases. Authorization to login to the online resources requires an active network ID/password
- A card that allows you to borrow books from circulating collections at the Kelvin Smith Library (KSL) and the Harris Library at the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (MSASS)
- Borrowing privileges from the OhioLINK libraries & SearchOhio public libraries. Alumni cards give you up to 5 concurrent OhioLINK transactions
- Access to the KSL Freedman Center
- KSL support services, including an Alumni Research Guide
Apply for the Alumni Services@KSL:
- To apply, you will need your CWRU Network ID and password. Get started by using our blue "Sign Up" button on this page.
- Once your application is processed, we will send you a welcome letter and an Alumni library borrower card for the KSL & the MSASS libraries.
- Did you forget the password associated with your CWRU network ID? Use this tool to reset it.
Do you still need to get a CWRU ID and password? Call University Technology Services ([U]Tech) and just ask for your Network ID to access the campus Single Sign-On. You can reach UTech 24x7 at 216.368.HELP (4357).
Licensing restrictions do not allow alumni access to all of the Case online resources that are available to current students, the KSL Alumni Online library provides access to selected research databases covering a wide variety of subjects.
For a full list of databases available to alumni, click here.
CWRU network ID and password are required to access research databases. Please contact [U]Tech for help obtaining a network ID or resetting your password.
For more details about these databases and recommended free web resources, visit the Alumni Research Guide.
Help When You Need It!
You are not on your own when it comes to using these resources. You also can draw on expert reference assistance to help you navigate the selected databases. Research Services Librarians can talk to you via email, text messaging, phone, visits, or live chat service to get you started using the alumni databases. Ask A Librarian now for help.
We welcome your comments & suggestions at email@example.com.