Join the Alumni Career Network
Become a member of the Case Western Reserve University Alumni Career Network and you can provide a student or an alumnus with the information needed to navigate their future successfully. This can be through a single, brief conversation or a long-term mentoring relationship. Some of the ways Alumni Career Network members volunteer include:
- Providing information on general economic, operational and employment trends.
- Providing regional information on cost of living, area points of interest and community organizations to students who are relocating to your area.
- Sharing information about your own career and suggesting ways in which students or other alumni can break into a particular field.
- Join the Alumni Career Network today!
Participate in Career Connections
Career Connections is held during the week of a student's spring break and provides CWRU first and second-year students the opportunity to intern or shadow alumni who work in a career field of their interest for a short extended period of time. Interested in hosting a Career Connections opportunity? Contact Dave Dibiase.
Be Our Guest
Students consistently tell us the presence of an alum at our events and programs provides a valuable perspective. Have you considered sharing your knowledge and expertise? Most alumni choose to get involved through one or more of the following activities:
- Serve as a guest speaker on a panel
- Lead a career-focused workshop or presentation
- Provide details on open positions within your organization.
Contact Laura Papcum if you have an additional idea or to arrange any of the above-mentioned volunteering opportunities.
Has your company hired a CWRU graduate lately? Review our First Destination Survey Report to find out. Encourage your employer to recruit Case Western Reserve Students for your company's open positions. Here are ways to recruit at CWRU:
- Internship or Practicum Program - this type of experiential learning allows you to connect with a current student and provides them with hand-on experience and an insider's view of the day-to-day activities of your profession. Contact Brian Matthews for more information.
- Career Fairs - meet CWRU students at our two annual career fairs.
- CWRULink - access our online career management system to post open positions.
- On-campus Interviewing - come back to campus to interview current students for positions in your company through our On-campus Interviewing program.