Post-Graduate Planning and Experiential Education career consultants are skilled in helping you explore how interests, personality and values contribute to career success. The process of self-reflection will help start you on your way toward identifying a career path that fits your interests and personality. What are your strengths? What do you value? What are your interests? What skills and abilities do you possess or wish to develop? The better you know yourself, the better choices you will make with regard to your major and career.
We're excited to offer CWRU students access to FOCUS 2, a self-paced, online career and education planning tool.
FOCUS 2 offers self-assessments to help you learn more about your interests, personality and values as they relate to your career field and area of study. FOCUS 2 also provides valuable information about occupations.
CWRU students are able to access FOCUS 2 for free. To register on the FOCUS 2 platform, follow the directions listed on this page.
- For first-time users, visit the FOCUS 2 website and click the Register button
- Use the access code spartan when making your account
- Complete the requested information form using your CWRU Network ID (email@example.com)
- For returning users, visit the FOCUS 2 website and log in with your username and password
FOCUS 2 offers several self-assessment. We suggest completing them in this order:
- Begin by completing the Career Planning Readiness and Academic Strengths assessments
- Take the Personality, Work Interests, Skills and Values assessments
- Read the results of your Combined Assessments
- Review the list of matched careers and begin researching the most current information about industries
Once you complete the FOCUS 2 self-assessments, schedule an appointment with a career and internship consultant to process your results and determine next steps in your career journey.