Hosting an Information Session can be a highly effective component in your overall presence-building strategy. Information Sessions are open to all students, regardless of major or year in school, and staff advise students to attend these sessions for both career exploration and job/internship seeking.
Tips for a Successful Information Session
The following are characteristics of successful Information Sessions:
- Set a goal to raise awareness of the organization and build relationships with students.
- Introduce your organization, its opportunities, and why it is a relevant choice for Case Western Reserve University students.
- Bring a CWRU student or an alumnus who knows your organization and can share a student or new hire perspective.
- Be prepared to discuss a variety of career paths within the organization. Students have told us that they want to learn more about all of your organization's opportunities!
- Hold the Information Session after the Career Fair, especially if it's your first time visiting campus. The Career Fair "kicks off" the recruitment season, and for lesser-known employers, this timing helps raise awareness.
Requesting an Information Session
Request an Information Session through Handshake.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.368.4446.