Hosting an Information Session can be a highly effective component in your overall presence-building strategy. Information Sessions are open to all students, regardless of major or year in school, and Career Center staff advise students to attend these sessions for both career exploration and job/internship seeking.
Tips for a Successful Information Session
The following are characteristics of a successful Information Sessions:
- Set a goal to raise awareness of the organization and build relationships with students. Focus on quality over quantity.
- Introduce the organization, its opportunities, and why it is a relevant choice for Case Western Reserve University students.
- Bring a CWRU student or an alumnus who knows your organization and can share a student or new hire perspective.
- Be prepared to discuss a variety of career paths within the organization. Students have told us that they want to learn more about all of your organization's opportunities!
- Hold the Information Session after the Career Fair, especially if it's your first time visiting campus. The Career Fair "kicks off" the recruitment season, and for lesser-known employers, this timing helps raise awareness.
Requesting an Information Session
Request an Information Session through Handshake.
E-mail email@example.com or call 216.368.4446.