The CCEL Vans may only be operated by permanent employees of the University and by CWRU students, all of whom meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid U.S. driver's license
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have completed the CCEL Van Driver Certification Process, as described below.
CCEL Van Driver Certification Process
The following steps must be completed (doesn't have to be in order) before a CCEL van may be reserved or driven:
- Watch the CCEL Van training video.
- Download a copy of the CCEL Van Use Packet and read the material thoroughly. This packet includes information about the van reservation process, van usage rates, automobile incident procedures, and the van use contract.
- Attend CWRU Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) one-hour Driver Safety Training.
- A valid U.S. driver's license is required for the training.
- You must sign up online for the training (dates and times listed in form) before attending.
- Training sessions are offered biweekly and held in-person at the EHS office (directions here).
- Be sure to keep a copy of the form given by EHS after completing the training to submit to the CCEL office or upload in the online CCEL Van Driver Certification Test.
- Complete the online CCEL Van Driver Certification Test. This is an open book test, so you are welcome to refer to the van use packet and training video to answer the questions.
Upon completing the CCEL Van Certification Test, you will receive an email notifying you of your CCEL van driver certification status. Certified CCEL van drivers must abide by all van use regulations when operating a CCEL van, as outlined in the Van Use Packet above.