Jenny Hawkins, PhD, is an assistant professor of economics and Director of the Undergraduate Program in Economics. Her courses include Economic Analysis of Business Strategies, Law and Economics, Economic Analysis of Labor Markets, Principles of Microeconomics, the SAGES Senior Capstone in Economics, and the EMBA Economics for Managers. Her research focuses on topics in industrial organization and law and economics using both theoretical and empirical analyses.
Hawkins received her PhD in Economics from The University of Arizona and her BA in Mathematics and Economics from Idaho State University. She began her appointment at the Weatherhead School of Management in 2014.
Initially Appointed: 2014
Employers or community members interested in working with a team of undergraduate student consultants can get in touch with Jenny.
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Economic Analysis for Managers
- Economic Analysis of Labor Markets
- Law and Economics
- Senior Capstone in Economics
By appointment only
- Microeconomic theory
- Law and economics
- Industrial organization
Awards and Honors
- Carl E. Wittke Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching2019Case Western Reserve University
- J. Bruce Jackson, M.D. Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring2019Case Western Reserve University
- Weatherhead Undergraduate Teaching Award, Weatherhead School of Management2019Case Western Reserve University
- Learning Fellows 2.0 Fellowship2019Case Western Reserve University UCITE
- Committee Member, FSCUE (Faculty Senate Committee on Undergraduate Education), 2020 - 2023
- Committee Member, Presidential Search Advisory Committee, 2020
- Faculty Advisor, Women in Economics (WE), 2019 - 2021
- Economics Undergraduate Program Director, 2017 - 2022
- Committee Member, Undergraduate and Integrated Programs Committee, 2017 - 2022
- Gelbach, J. B., Hawkins, J. (2020).
A Bayesian Approach to Event Studies for Securities Litigation (vol. 176, issue 1) Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics
- Hawkins, J. , Powell, T. (2019).
Circumventing Antitrust Law: Cooperation Between Government and Industry During Times of Crisis, 1910- 1945
- Hawkins, J. , Saini, V. (2016).
Returns to Indian Art during 2000-2013 (vol. 42, issue Spring 2016, pp. 302-310) Eastern Economic Journal
- Hawkins, J. (2015).
Book Review: Predatory Pricing in Antitrust Law and Economics: A Historical Perspective Eastern Economic Journal
- Hawkins, J. (2014).
Returns on Indian Art during 2000-2013 Association for Cultural Economics International (ACEI) Working Paper Series
- Hawkins, J. (2012).
Antitrust Enforcement During the Great Depression
- Hawkins, J. , Lazatti, N. (2011).
Misalignment of Firm and Consumer Preferences for Advertising