Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
A survivor advocate from The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (CRCC) is available to provide confidential short-term counseling, support, resources & advocacy to all undergraduate and graduate students of any gender who have experienced sexual, dating, or power-based personal violence. All services and sessions with CRCC are free & confidential.
To schedule an appointment with the CRCC off-campus, call 216.619.6194 ext.141 or visit clevelandrapecrisis.org. For the 24/7 hotline, text or call 216.619.6192. This support, information, and resource is anonymous and confidential.
What is the Advocate's Role?
- Help students understand, evaluate, and choose among services/resources available both on and off campus.
- Clarify the University process for sexual misconduct incidents.
- Refer students to appropriate resource(s) once they have identified a recovery plan and goals.
Where Can You Find an Advocate?
During the Fall 2021 semester a survivor advocate from CRCC will be on campus on Mondays from 9 am-5 pm in the Mather Center located in the Tinkham Veale University Center, Suite 248. No appointment is needed to speak with the advocate on-campus.
What Is Sexual Misconduct?
Under CWRU policy, sexual misconduct includes:
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual assault
- Non-consensual contact or activity
- Non-consensual intercourse
- Forced contact or activity
- Forced intercourse
- Intimate partner violence (dating & domestic violence)
How Is Misconduct Reported to Title IX?
- University Staff, Faculty and Police are Mandated Reporters, and must report misconduct witnessed or reported to them.
- Confidential resources include: Advocates, Counseling Services, Health Services, Inter-Religious Center, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center.
- Students are NOT mandated reporters, but have anonymous reporting options, including speaking with an Advocate.