The Flora Stone Mather Center for Women offers grants to support the professional development and research of women-identified individuals in underrepresented fields such as STEM and research on feminism or women and gender equity. The Grants Committee's policy will award money to as many eligible applicants as possible.
Typical grant amounts range from $100–$800; however, we will consider larger requests. Proposals can be for such items as:
- Publication subventions
- Participant incentives
- Research materials
- Travel for research
- Travel to conferences in cases where the applicant is on the program
- Travel to professional development on feminism or women and gender equity
Research grant funding may not be used to pay for equipment.
Grant recipients are encouraged to present their material in Flora Stone Mather Center for Women seminars and conferences. We ask that you acknowledge the support in publications.
When completing your grant application, we encourage you to have the following in mind:
- People from a variety of disciplines are on the Grants Committee. Please make clear how your subject matter is comprehensible to people far outside your field.
- It is incumbent upon you to create a case for relevance and to convey precisely how your research and professional development contributes to the field. We will only support work that advances an understanding of gender equity.
- Research on female subjects does not automatically qualify.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must obtain a letter of recommendation from a supporting faculty member who knows their work.
- Grants and professional development may be undertaken during the grant period.
- Receipts and expenses must be presented for reimbursement within 45 days of travel or purchase. Expenses presented after 60 days will not be reimbursable as per the University's policy in accordance with IRS reporting guidelines.
To apply for a research grant, please complete the application form. If your application must include a reference letter from a faculty member, please have the faculty member email the letter to email@example.com by the due date. Applications will be accepted three times each school year. For 2020-2021 deadlines are: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, Wednesday, February 3, 2021, and Wednesday, April 14, 2021.