Join us for a half-day workshop to learn the playbook being rolled out nationally for every manufacturer to understand Smart Manufacturing and define it uniquely for each organization. Case Western Reserve’s Institute for Smart, Secure and Connected Systems (ISSACS), in collaboration with MAGNET, Manufacturing Works, and Team NEO’s Smart Manufacturing Cluster, are pleased to introduce northeast OH manufacturers to CESMII, the US’ national institute on Smart Manufacturing, and their tools for defining the role, fit, and value of advancing technologies in manufacturing.
The workshop will be facilitated by two experienced leaders: Jim Wetzel, co-founder of NxGen Group and retired General Mills executive, and Mike Yost, CWRU’s regional CESMII liaison and Director of Manufacturing Services at Manufacturing Works. Jim and Mike are seasoned industry practitioners with a combined 70+ years of direct, hands-on experience, making them uniquely qualified to educate on the nuances of Smart Manufacturing and to ensure everyone walks away with a solid understanding of where to go next.
In this workshop, attendees will learn:
The Competitive Need for Smart Manufacturing
● What is Smart Manufacturing and why it matters to manufacturers
● Closing the gap between technology enablement and business strategy
● New capabilities bring together people, process, and technology
Lean principles and Smart Manufacturing synergy
● Digital Lean
The Smart Manufacturing building blocks
● SM Principles
● Going beyond process control and dashboards (I3.o vs I4.0)
Taking the First Step
● Smart Manufacturing critical success areas
● Establishing a strategic vision and roadmap, prioritizing quick wins
● Critical success factors and lessons learned from early adopters
We are looking for 3 – 6 local manufacturers interested in building a Smart Manufacturing Roadmap for your business. Federal funds are available to subsidize part, or all, of such a project through CESMII. Register today for this half-day workshop and judge whether such an opportunity is right for you and your organization.
● Date: October 4, 2023
● Time: 8:00 am - noon (with an optional tour of MAGNET at noon)
● Location: MAGNET, 1800 E 63rd St, Cleveland, OH 44103
● Registration Fee: $295/attendee