(Enables CWRU Pathways 1-4)
To meet the research, teaching, and learning needs of the campus community and the Think Big strategic plan, we must secure sustainable funding for resources and staffing from the campus, funding entities, and supporters.
- Create an assessment strategy to identify collection needs and gaps in subject areas, user satisfaction with services, spaces, infrastructure, and resources.
- Work with campus administration to establish a sustainable funding strategy to address content needs.
- Review current salaries and make any adjustments outlined in the compensation review. Address other areas if funding is available.
- Advocate for an increase in staffing to enhance services.
- Disband the special collections advisory committee and revise the membership and charge of the library's visiting committee. Work with the committee to develop a fundraising pipeline.
- Work with development to establish fundraising targets and build case statements. Identify other development strategies to communicate targets and build supporters.
- Identify and submit grants to complement current staffing, resources, and services where feasible (National Endowment for the Humanities, Council on Library and Information Resources, Institute of Museum and Library Services, Cleveland Foundation).