Research Services Librarians (RSLs) are assigned to each academic department from the Case School of Engineering, the College of Arts & Sciences, and the Weatherhead School of Management. Research centers or other offices on campus may have an assigned librarian. Each librarian has background and expertise in the departments they serve.
Examples of how librarians can assist, include:
- Finding a specific resource, item, or information
- Effectively using an item, resource, or service
- Narrowing down a topic
- Citing sources
- Organizing a research strategy
- Providing alternatives to a research process
- Giving a lecture about the library or assisting in assignment development that uses library resources (specific examples are in the Research Guide for Information Literacy Instruction)
Find the contact information for your Research Services Librarian or use the Research Guide created for your area of research.
- Walk-in assistance at the Kelvin Smith Library Service Desk
- Contact your Research Services Librarian for subject specialized consultation
- Contact a member of the Digital Learning & Scholarship Team for technology, data, and software
- First-year students can contact their Personal Librarian
- Schedule an appointment online
- Dial: (216) 368-3506
- Text Message: (216) 220-8261
- We respond in less than 2 business days; may be longer during University closings
- Live Chat: Click Ask KSL button on the Ask KSL page. If chat is not working, you may need to turn off pop-up blockers.
- Search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and submit your question