The Department of Nutrition is committed to high standards in the education and training of:
- individuals pursuing careers in nutritional biochemistry and metabolism, molecular nutrition, dietetics, public health nutrition, systems biology, bioinformatics and other biomedical sciences;
- those preparing for careers in research, medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy or as physician assistants;
- current professionals desiring continuing education;
- individuals for whom knowledge of nutrition will enhance their lives, professions and contributions to society.
Further, the Department of Nutrition demonstrates leadership and contributes to society by:
- participating in professional groups and learned societies,
- collaborating with the University and community to enhance well-being and quality of life.