The Department of Nutrition is committed to the pursuit of high-quality research and to the education and training of:
- individuals pursuing careers in nutritional biochemistry and metabolism, molecular nutrition, dietetics, community and public health nutrition, clinical and applied nutrition, and related biomedical sciences;
- those preparing for careers in research, and all health care professions such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy or physician assistants;
- current professionals desiring continuing education;
- individuals for whom knowledge of nutrition, and related biomedical sciences will enhance their lives, professions and contributions to society.
Further, the vision of the Department of Nutrition is to demonstrate leadership in the profession and contribute to the advancement of nutrition, metabolic and biomedical sciences, dietetics’ practice and society by:
- participating in professional groups and learned societies,
- collaborating with the University and community to enhance well-being and quality of life,
- planning and conducting research,
- participating in interdisciplinary education and research activities,
- providing consultation, education and service to the community,
- disseminating evidence-based information through publications, presentations and online forums.