The Department of Nutrition is committed to high standards in the education and research training of:
- individuals pursuing careers in nutritional biochemistry and metabolism, molecular nutrition, dietetics, public health nutrition and other biomedical sciences;
- those preparing for careers in medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy or as physician assistants;
- current health professionals desiring continuing education;
- individuals for whom knowledge of nutrition will enhance their lives, professions and contributions to society.
Further, the Department of Nutrition demonstrates leadership and contributes to the development of nutrition sciences, dietetics’ practice and society by:
- participating in professional groups and learned societies,
- collaborating with the University and community to enhance well-being and quality of life,
- planning and conducting research,
- participating in interdisciplinary research activities,
- providing consultation to the community,
- disseminating information through publications, presentations and online forums.