The Department of Nutrition is committed to the pursuit of high quality research and to the education and training of:
- individuals pursuing careers in nutritional biochemistry and metabolism, molecular nutrition, dietetics, community and public health nutrition, clinical and applied nutrition, systems biology, bioinformatics and related biomedical sciences;
- those preparing for careers in research, and all health-care professions such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy or physician assistants;
- current professionals desiring continuing education;
- individuals for whom knowledge of nutrition, proteomics and systems biology will enhance their lives, professions and contributions to society.
Further, the Department of Nutrition demonstrates leadership and contributes to society by:
- participating in professional groups and learned societies,
- collaborating with the University and community to enhance well-being and quality of life.