Post-Graduate Planning and Experiential Education is much more than your average career center. Our career consultants, pre-professional advisors and experiential education specialists are prepared to equip you with the skills and experiences you need for a fulfilling career.
Whether you are a first-year undergraduate or a PhD student, we will help you explore the link between your academic and career options. If you already have a career goal, we can help you develop strategies to get you where you want to be.
We can help you:
- Develop a better understanding of your skills, interests, values, personality and how they relate to your major and career possibilities
- Navigate the job, internship and practicum search process
- Identify research and creative endeavor opportunities through SOURCE
- Gain greater confidence when interviewing
- Search and apply to graduate and professional schools
- Craft an effective personal statement
How to schedule
Sign in to CWRU Journey to schedule an appointment with a member of our specialized team.
- Sign in to Journey using your CWRU ID, password and Duo Security two-factor authentication.
- Click the blue 'Schedule an Appointment' button.
- At the bottom of the scheduler select 'Someone Else'
- Choose the category that best suits your needs.
- Select the individual you would like to meet with or 'Anyone on this team' at the top of the list to see the first available appointments.
- Indicate what you would like to discuss and select the time that works best for your schedule.
Please arrive on time to every appointment. If your schedule changes, cancel or reschedule your appointment in Journey at least one business day before your scheduled appointment.
Alumni are welcome to schedule appointments with our team using Handshake, or career management system. Alumni who graduated after May 2016 already have a Handshake account tied to the firstname.lastname@example.org version of their CWRU network ID and email address. Alumni who graduated prior to May 2016 may need to request a Handshake account.
- In Handshake, click ‘Career Center’ in the top right corner and select ‘Appointments.”
- Click the ‘Schedule a new appointment’ button.
- Choose the category and topic that best suits your needs!
Please arrive on time to every appointment. If your schedule changes, cancel your appointment in Handshake and request a new time at least one business day before your scheduled appointment.