A successful campus recruiting program includes taking time to build relationships that ultimately yield excellent hires. The most successful organizations are those who engage often and over a long period of time.
Career fairs, employer information sessions and the on-campus interviewing (OCI) program are three traditional ways to build and maintain your organization's campus presence. This can be enhanced by additional more targeted activity:
- Be our expert resume reviewer! Post-Graduate Planning and Experiential Education offers drop-in consulting hours. Pick a day to come to campus or set up a virtual schedule.
- Become an “industry expert in residence.” Host open office hours, virtually or in-person to connect with students and share your career advice/insights.
- Serve on a panel or facilitate a workshop. Share your interest with us and we will work with you to create an event.
- Connect with student clubs and organizations. We can recommend groups based on your goals and introduce you to an officer when classes are in session.
- Host a career trek. Host a small group of students at your company, providing them with an opportunity to learn more about your industry and meet key people within your organization.
- Hire an intern through the Practicum Program. When you give a student a great learning/work experience, the student becomes an ambassador for your organization!
- Fully utilize your Handshake account. Consistently post your open positions. Complete your company profile and include links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, YouTube videos and more. View resume books and contact students and alumni whose qualifications interest you. Report new hires. The more you use the system the harder it works for you.
- Encourage alumni at your organization to join the Alumni Career Network. Alumni volunteers conduct informational interviews or host students for job shadowing.
- Involve current interns or alumni in your efforts where possible. Whether it's as career fair attendees, info session presenters, or open house greeters, interns and other recent grads can help prospective candidates feel more connected to your organization.
- Become a Spartan Sponsor to maximize your visibility and brand with CWRU students
If you have questions about any of the above or would like our assistance with your presence building events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.