You are automatically opted in with email and desk phone as a CWRU faculty, staff or student. You must add your mobile phone number to receive text message notifications.
- Go to getrave.com.
- Login with your CWRU credentials.
- Manage your settings and add additional contact information.
What are CWRU Alerts?
Messages issued by the CWRU Division of Public Safety when it is determined that the campus community needs to take immediate action to remain safe.
When are CWRU Alerts sent?
CWRU Alerts, often sent via text messages, are issued when it is determined that the campus community needs to take immediate action to remain safe. Such instances could include, but are not limited to, an active shooter, severe weather event or criminal activity that may impact campus.
How do I know a CWRU Alert has been issued?
These messages may be sent using a variety of communication tools including text message, email, university webpages, social media and Spartan Safe app. Any current student, faculty or staff member with a registered cell phone number through the university's registrar or HR systems should automatically be enrolled to receive CWRU Alert text messages.
How can I opt-in for CWRU Alerts as a guest or visitor?
Guests and visitors to the campus can choose to opt-in to receive CWRU Alerts.
- Guests can text the phrase "CWRUalerts" to 67283 to receive indefinite alerts. Text "STOP" to 67283 to opt-out.
- Guests can also text the phrase "CWRU30" 67283 to receive alerts for the next 30 days. Text "STOP" to 67283 to opt-out.
Emergency Notification Messages
Emergency Notifications advise the campus community of:
- Active Threat (Active Aggressor)
- Severe Weather
- Other emergencies that require immediate action
- CWRU Alert: Emergency reported on campus; police are investigating. Stay alert and await further instruction. ONLY call 216.368.3333 with info or in emergency.
Shelter in Place:
- CWRU Alert: Emergency. Shelter in place; if outdoors, find safe location (buildings require CWRU ID.). ONLY call 216.368.3333 with info or in another emergency.
- CWRU Alert: Active aggressor. Building exterior doors locked. If indoors, keep quiet and lock/barricade doors. If outdoors, go off campus. Updates to follow.