Our communication officers serve staff, faculty, students and the community in a manner consistent with the educational philosophy and principles of Case Western Reserve University. The primary objective of the communication officers is to coordinate emergency and non-emergency response and communications. The communications center is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by certified dispatchers.
- Receive, transmit, and dispatch all police, security, maintenance, parking and outside support agencies on multi-based radio communications.
- Receive, handle or transfer all calls (emergency and non-emergency) on a five line phone system and an automated call management system.
- Monitor three alarm systems and receive all alarms, security breaches and safety hazards.
- Monitor and receive emergency calls and texts via university emergency phones and Spartan Safe app.
- Perform, prepare, support, and coordinate unlocking/securing doors, fire alarm and sprinkler enables, fire watches, money escorts, parking infractions, traffic control, and additional routine calls for service.
- Coordinate, oversee, and direct the Safe Ride and Responsive Transport programs.
- Coordinate all emergency and non-emergency communications, make appropriate notifications, to include sending mass notification alerts to staff, faculty, students and key community members of potentially dangerous situations via Spartan Safe.
- Check out and receive keys and temporary university identification cards for contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate, oversee and direct university's lost and found program.