Note: Registration procedures for courses in the schools of Dental Medicine, Nursing, Management, Law, Applied Social Sciences, and Medicine may differ. Contact individual schools for more information.
Step 1 Admission
- If you are taking classes for the first time, apply for admission through the Office of Undergraduate Admission; upon admission, submit Enrollment Deposit Form (the fee is waived for employees only; dependents of employees must pay the fee). The Office of Undergraduate Academic Support is the point of contact for enrolling students.
- If you are taking classes for the first time, apply for admission to the school through which you would like to register.
If you do not already have an undergraduate (baccalaureate level) degree:
- If you are taking classes for the first time, apply for spring/fall admission or for summer admission through Undergraduate Advising Support.
If you already have an undergraduate (baccalaureate level) degree:
- If you are taking classes for the first time, apply through CWRU's online application. Please select the professional or graduate school through which you would like to register. Please select the Office of Graduate Studies if you plan to take undergraduate classes.
Step 2 Registration
Follow the instructions on How to Register.
Step 3 Tuition Waiver
Obtain a Certification for Tuition Waiver from the Human Resources website or from the Human Resources Service Center in Crawford Hall, Room 320. The employee must complete a Certification for Tuition Waiver each semester.
Tuition waiver certifications must be received by the first day of classes each semester. Tuition waiver certifications will not be accepted beyond this deadline.
Along with the completed certification:
Employees must obtain approval from their supervisor for courses held during working hours. If taking graduate level courses that are job related, an Affidavit of Qualification for Tuition Waiver Tax Exemption must be completed.
Spouses must submit, for first time waivers, a copy of the marriage certificate.
Dependents must submit a copy of their parents' Federal income tax return or a completed Child's Proof of Dependency Affidavit.
Step 4 Health Insurance Waiver
Employees eligible for health insurance under the University's Benelect program are not eligible for the student health insurance program. In order to remove the health insurance charge (which is automatically billed), a health insurance waiver must be submitted. Please visit MyHealthConnect to complete the waiver. More information about the medical plan is available on the Student Medical Plan website, including waiver eligibility criteria.
You will not be allowed to register if you have any outstanding financial obligations to the university.* You remain subject to all other regulations and policies applicable to students, including, but not limited to, policies and deadlines for registration and withdrawal, CWRU Medical Plan, tuition/fee payments and financial aid. The CWRU tuition waiver does not waive your other responsibilities.
* To check this online, see SIS.
For more information on staff education benefits, see Educational Benefits on the Human Resources website.