Registration Information

How to Register

  1. Meet with your advisor or dean to finalize your course selections.
  2. Your advisor/dean will release your advising hold.
  3. Login to SIS to register for your selected courses; (See Registering for Classes for detailed instructions); (See When Can I Register? for your registration start date).
  4. Once you have completed your registration, examine your final schedule carefully. It is your responsibility to check this for accuracy and to immediately initiate and complete any necessary changes.

Note: All students of CWRU are responsible for ensuring that class registrations and drop/add updates are correct. Unless otherwise communicated by individual school representatives, registration and drop/add updates are submitted via self-service using the Student Information System (SIS).

See frequently asked questions about registration via SIS.

Official Registration

The schedule at the close of the drop/add period constitutes the official registration for the term. Students may attend only those classes for which they have officially registered. Any exceptions will require the written approval of the instructor and department chairperson. The university reserves the right to void the registration of any student who becomes ineligible for enrollment. The university also reserves the right to cancel any course with an enrollment of less than eight (8) students.

Undergraduate students should also see Registration Information for Undergraduate Students for more information.

Class Search


Procedures for Employees

Procedures for Summer

Registration Eligibility

All students who wish to register must be officially admitted through the appropriate admissions/dean's office of the university before they can be permitted to register. It is the sole responsibility of these offices to see that admitted students are entered into the Student Information System. Information and applications for enrollment as an undergraduate non-degree student may be obtained from the Undergraduate Advising Support Office. Other non-degree and/or transient students must be officially admitted through the other appropriate schools. Students with outstanding financial obligations to the University will not be eligible to register.

No zero credit only registrations (e.g., zero credit physical education courses) are allowed unless approved as part of on-going degree programs.

Transient/Visiting Students


For tuition rates and fees, please see Student Financial Services.

Tuition Waivers

For faculty or staff tuition waivers, please contact the Human Resources Service Center via email at, by phone 216.368.6964 or in person in Crawford Hall, Room 320. For graduate or departmental waivers, please contact your department.

Undergraduate Students

When Can I Register?

Withdrawal and Tuition Refunds