Root & grow a local food system that promotes freedom, hope, & dignity in food traditions resulting in holistic health for Black, Latino/a/x, Asian, & Indigenous communities.
Test ways to transform food systems by bridging community power with organizational power to spark & expand food justice initiatives led by the community.
- All People and Experiences Have Equal Value
- Create Inclusive and Holistic Spaces
- Build Bridges for Community Ownership
- Community-led = Sustained Impact
- Promote Racial Equity in the Food System
What do we hope to learn together through the Network?
- If we cultivate welcoming spaces for community building, will it spark and expand food justice in Greater Cleveland?
- If we support community-led action with financial and technical resources, will it tip the food system to fairness?
- If we root and grow community ownership of local food systems, will it promote equity, vibrancy, and holistic health?
Learn more about the Nourishing Power Network.
Join us to create the Nourishing Power Network.
The Nourishing Power Network is working to root and grow a food system that works for all.
It consists of four components: the Advisory Council, Nourishing Power Networking, the Food Systems Change Fellowship, and a Nutrition Equity Fund. The Advisory Council, Fellowship, and Fund will require an application, and the Networking is open to all!
Learn more about how we got here by exploring the Menu of Actions for Community Driven Food Systems Change and the foodNEST 2.0 final report, which includes links to our publications.
Learn more about each of the four cores in the drop-downs.
All People and Experiences Have Equal Value
We believe that everyone has gifts to give and receive in co-creating the Nourishing Power Network. A diverse community with a variety of experiences, skills, and backgrounds are necessary to have a broader impact.
Create Inclusive and Holistic Spaces
We believe in creating welcoming spaces where all people feel heard and seen. We are committed to creating a nourishing environment to root and grow a local food system that leads to holistic health for all - in body, mind, and spirit.
Build Bridges for Community Ownership
We believe that linking community power with organizational power will strengthen and expand community-led actions in the local food system. These actions must promote freedom, hope, and dignity in food traditions among Black, Latino/a/x, Asian, and Indigenous communities.
Community-led = Sustained Impact
We believe in investing in food system ideas and actions that lead to community ownership and build on and strengthen the collective vision of the community.
Promote Racial Equity in the Food System
We believe systems were not created with the goal of racial equity and some were designed to maintain and expand structural racism within our systems and policies. We are committed to nourishing bold and fresh ideas that will address inequities and transform long-standing injustices of the food system.
Connect with local food justice leaders, share stories and talent, grow capacity and relationships.
- Join us at St. Martin de Porres on December 6 for the second Nourishing Power networking event. Come ready to connect with food justice leaders! Food will be provided. All are welcome.
- Date: December 6, 2022
- Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
- Format: In person only
- Register for this event.
Robert Reakirt Foundation