What is the goal of the Nourishing Power Fellowship?
- Grow Your Vision for Food Justice
- Create a Plan of Action
- Expand Your Leadership Capacity
- Grow Your Network of Supporters
- $1,500 stipend paid in five monthly payments ($300 each) from January-May 2023.
- Coaching & feedback to move your vision into community action.
- Networking with potential partners, including other Fellows.
- Skill building to turn ideas into actions for food justice.
- Graduation ceremony & certificate of participation.
The 2022-23 Fellowship is for people who want to expand food justice among children and families. It is limited to those committed to moving their vision for change into a plan of action in Cleveland, East Cleveland, Euclid, Cleveland Heights, or Garfield Heights. People who identify as Black, Latino/a/x, Asian, and Indigenous are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Do you have experience with WIC or SNAP, food pantries, farmers' markets, gardening or farming, nutrition education, cooking classes, school meals, or trying to get better food in your neighborhood?
- Are you passionate about making our local food system work for children & families?
- Are you committed to moving your ideas or vision for food justice into a plan of action in Cleveland, East Cleveland, Euclid, Cleveland Heights, or Garfield Heights?
- Do you want to learn with others to spark & expand food justice for children & families?
- Have you worked to expand freedom, hope, & dignity in food traditions within Black, Latino/a/x, Asian, or Indigenous communities?
Fellows must be 18 years or older. Up to 10 people will be selected for the 2022-23 fellowship.
*The Fellowship is for people with a vision for change but are in the beginning stages of action planning or have not yet started action planning.
- Spend about 10 hours per month moving your vision into a plan for action by engaging in:
- 9 workshops including skill-building, coaching, feedback, & action planning
- 6 mentoring sessions providing one-on-one feedback & strategic connections to key resources
- 3 networking events to connect with others working to spark & expand a local food system that works for all
- Participate in 3 evaluation interviews (additional compensation provided for each interview)
- Graduation ceremony to celebrate your vision & plans for action
- Applications live: August 15
- Applications due: September 30 by 11:59PM
- 30-minute virtual interviews with select applicants: October 17-28
- Decision on or before November 14
- Fellowship Begins: December 14, 2022
- Fellowship Graduation: May 10, 2023
- Mentorship continues to: July 31, 2023
- Workshop Schedule (Wednesdays, 5-7:30pm)
- December 14, 2022
- *January 11, 2023
- January 25, 2023
- *February 8, 2023
- February 22, 2023
- *March 8, 2023
- March 22, 2023
- *April 12, 2023
- April 26, 2023
*Indicates Zoom-based (4 total); All other workshops will be in-person with dinner provided.
Interested in becoming a mentor for the Nourishing Power Fellowship?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Nourishing Power Fellowship is part of the Nourishing Neighborhoods, Empowering Communities study conducted by Case Western Reserve University in partnership with Neighborhood Connections and The FARE Project.