UCITE, in partnership with OIDEO (Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity) and the Center for International Affairs, is excited to announce the launch of a new educational development program for the spring 2022 term: Advancing Inclusivity, Internationalization, Diversity & Equity Teaching & Learning Collaborative (AIIDE TLC). Program facilitators from the three partnering campus offices will create spaces for interdisciplinary discussion and guide faculty in activities to discover and expand the application of inclusion, internationalization, diversity, and equity practices in teaching and learning environments.
The AIIDE TLC is structured by weekly meetings over the course of the spring semester. In each session, faculty will consider topics related to AIIDE and participants will collaborate to apply concepts in campus learning environments.
AIIDE TLC program learning objectives include:
- Define “diversity, equity, inclusion, and internationalization” and apply these ideas within contexts of teaching and learning.
- Identify personal biases (unconscious and conscious) and acknowledge strategies to intentionally activate or remove bias in learning environment contexts
- Develop actionable strategies and practical tools to apply principles of Universal Design for Learning framework in teaching and learning planning, assessment, and instruction.
- Identify CWRU campus resources to advance understanding and application of DEII work, and engage with resources to support ongoing development of DEII strategies.
Meeting Schedule for Spring 2023
The new AIIDE TLC is open to all CWRU teaching faculty as a 14-week seminar program. Meetings will take place weekly on Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm in the Herrick Room of the Allen Memorial Medical Library (located on the corner of Euclid and Adelbert). AIIDE TLC will begin meeting, in person, on Thursday January 19, 2023 and end on April 27, 2023. The group will not meet on March 16, due to Spring Break. A box lunch will be provided at each session.
Faculty collaborators should allow approximately four hours per week for readings, journal reflections, and artifact development. Participation in this interdisciplinary collaborative requires a commitment to engage with colleagues for all 14 weekly seminars. Faculty who successfully complete the AIIDE TLC will receive a $2,000 grant for academic purposes.
If you would like to apply to join the inaugural AIIDE Teaching & Learning Collaborative, please check your calendars for the semester to ensure that you can participate in the 14-week seminar program. We understand that professional and personal commitments may cause you to miss one of our sessions. We can work with you in these circumstances if appropriate advance notice is provided. Missing multiple sessions, however, will result in withdrawal from the program. If you have any questions as you consider applying to participate in the AIIDE TLC, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATED Application Procedure
To submit your application for consideration, please complete an online contact and summary form through the AIIDE TLC Applicant Form which will request:
- Contact information
- One-page letter letter of interest to briefly explain why you are applying to participate in the teaching and learning collaborative. You might discuss personal experiences with DEII work and your goals for participation in this program.
- One-page biographical sketch that includes your educational background, employment history, and a list of recently taught courses (with approximate enrollment). You may think of this sketch as a concise version of your full curriculum vitae.
Submit your all of application materials noted above using the AIIDE TLC Applicant Form. Should you have additional questions or seek clarification, contact us at email@example.com. Initial review of applications will begin December 13, 2022.