Accelerate your education by earning your BA/BS degree and a Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence degree in five years or fewer from Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University. Through this integrated master's program, you can pair your undergraduate degree in business, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics or mathematics with our master’s degree to take your skills—and your career prospects—to the next level.
As an undergraduate at Case Western Reserve, if you enroll in the BA/BS degree and Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence integrated program, your application fee is waived and you don’t need to provide GMAT or GRE scores.
Why Business Analytics and Intelligence?
The business analytics and intelligence program at Weatherhead School will teach you to understand the role of big data in decision-making and to gain a competitive edge by synthesizing data to make better decisions.
A master's degree in business analytics and intelligence is a smart career decision. The rise of big data has led to a boom in business analytics careers and a growing number of people seeking a master's in the field.
The demand for business analytics professionals is substantial. At the same time, there is a huge deficit in the number of qualified applicants to fill the rise in analytics positions.
Those interested in the BA/BS degree and Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence integrated program must be pursuing an undergraduate degree (in any major) at Case Western Reserve University. The program is ideal if you’re studying business, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics or mathematics.
To complete the program, you should:
- Take two semesters of calculus and one semester of linear algebra as prerequisites.
- Take nine credit hours of graduate level courses as an undergraduate. Students can take up to nine credit hours of MSBA courses as part of their undergraduate program. These nine credit hours will also count toward the Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence degree.
- Apply for and be admitted to the integrated Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence program.
Students admitted to the integrated program who have the prerequisite knowledge of one year of calculus and one semester of linear algebra should complete following MSBA graduate courses by the end of their senior year:
- MSBA 433: Foundations of Probability and Statistics
- Two other MSBA courses
To complete all of the Master of Business Analytics and Intelligence degree requirements, you must take the remaining nine required courses after obtaining your BS degree.
Application Process Overview
Weatherhead School of Management's graduate admissions team is committed to recruiting a community of students with diverse perspectives and a range of robust educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with demonstrated student excellence, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom. Ready to apply?
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required unofficial documents. If you are admitted and you matriculate, we will require your official documents then. Further instructions will be sent by email.
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee.
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be withdrawn.
When reviewing your profile for admission consideration, Weatherhead School’s graduate admissions team requires the following:
- Online application form
- Essays (One Required, One Optional)
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts, GPA, grading scale
- Two recommendations
- The application fee is automatically waived for current CWRU students
Each supporting document must be uploaded to your online application for admission consideration. The GMAT/GRE Standardized test and English language test are not a requirement for admission to this integrated program.
Please note: An offer for admission cannot be extended with an incomplete application package. Weatherhead School does not offer conditional admission under any circumstances.
Integrated admissions is ongoing throughout the school year, beginning in the fall, continuing throughout the spring semester and into the early summer months for the August start of the program.
Generally, students should apply for the program in the semester or year before they plan to begin taking graduate courses. This typically means that you should apply during your sophomore year (fall or spring semester) for admission to the program if you plan to begin your integrated courses in the fall of your junior year or apply during your junior year (fall or spring semester) if you plan to begin your integrated courses in the fall of your senior year.
November 1, 2023
December 21, 2023
January 9, 2024
March 15, 2024
March 5, 2024
May 3, 2024
April 30, 2024
July 1, 2024
Note: An offer of admission cannot be issued if an application package remains incomplete. If an application remains incomplete, Weatherhead School reserves the right to withdraw or deny the application. After the final round deadline applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed as space in the cohort remains available.
Career Management Resources
You’re encouraged to connect with the Career Management Office early on in your academic program to gain the most from resources and services such as career assessments, career fairs, job listings, events with employers and alumni, resume reviews, coaching and much more.
The Weatherhead School of Management Graduate Admissions Office is here to help you through every step of the application process. If you have any questions after perusing the program pages or application instructions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the appropriate admissions contact below: