Helping You Support Our Students
As faculty members, you are some of the most important resources we have for encouraging and providing opportunities for students to study, research and take part in other educational experiences abroad. We’ve developed a number of resources for you to explore ways to help your students develop into global citizens.
Resources are available to you to assist you in creating study abroad courses and minimizing risk when you take students abroad, navigating the study abroad course transfer process, forming study abroad exchange agreements and developing broader international partnerships. We also have faculty seed grants to help support your international endeavors.
As you continue your existing international endeavors and plan new ones, we hope you will take advantage of the services the Office of Education Abroad and the Center for International Affairs offer. Some of our services include:
- Being a resource for creating programs
- Creating, managing and collecting student application forms
- Coordinating the collection of study abroad program fees
- Planning events to market study abroad programs (fairs, interest sessions, etc.)
- Visiting classes across campus to market programs
- Developing a risk management plan for the study abroad program
- Providing pre-departure orientations for students and faculty
- Tracking governmental and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warnings
- Registering students with the travel department
- Acting as a liaison between parents and faculty while the program is abroad
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or in Tomlinson Hall, Room 143, if there is anything we can do to assist you.