The National Science Foundation recently published a call for proposals for the Civic Innovation Challenge (CIVIC). CIVIC proposals need to bring together community partners and researchers working to address a community challenge centered around one of two tracks:
- Track A. Living in a changing climate: pre-disaster action around adaptation, resilience, and mitigation
- Track B. Bridging the gap between essential resources and services & community needs.
In an effort to connect potential collaborators, the IoT Collaborative, a partnership between Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland State University, will hold a virtual CIVIC Ideation Session on March 24th, inviting civic and non-profit partners to present a community challenge relevant to the NSF CIVIC opportunity.
During the ideation session, participants will have 3 minutes to present their submission ideas(s) via a previously-completed quad chart. The quad chart template can be found here.
Follow-on breakout sessions on March 24th will allow researchers and partners to discuss the need, possible solutions, and allow potential proposal team formation.
See below for details regarding event and submission timeline.
We are hosting two optional Information and Q&A Sessions where partners can learn more about the NSF CIVIC opportunity and ask questions. Click on the date to register!
- March 9, 10:00-11:00 AM, Virtual Information and Q&A Session
- March 10, 4:00-5:00 PM - Virtual Information and Q&A Session
Deadline for Ideation Submission:
- March 17, 5:00 PM
- Deadline for submission of completed Quad Charts to firstname.lastname@example.org
NSF CIVIC Ideation Session: REGISTER HERE!
- March 24, 8:30-10:00 AM
- Virtual NSF CIVIC Ideation Session, hosted by IOTC Collaborative
NSF CIVIC Phase 1 Proposal Submission Deadline:
- May 5, 5:00 PM