Withdrawals and Substitutions
- A 100 percent refund will be issued to the registered student if a completed withdrawal request is received prior to five business days before the start date of the class or lecture.
- A 50 percent refund will be issued for withdrawal requests received on or after five, but prior to three business days before the start date of the class or lecture.
- There is no refund for withdrawal requests received on or after three days prior to the start date of the class or lecture; no exceptions will be made.
- If unable to attend, you may substitute another person at no additional cost; please notify of change or substitution at least one day prior to the start date of the class or lecture.
- Withdrawal requests must come directly from the student or his/her designee; the official receipt date is the day and time the request is received in the Lifelong Learning office.
Although Lifelong Learning is committed to delivering all classes, workshops or lectures that are scheduled, there are times when a class, workshop or lecture is canceled due to minimum enrollment requirements. If Lifelong Learning cancels a class, a 100 percent refund is automatically processed for participants who do not choose to transfer to another available class. Lifelong Learning staff will make every attempt to notify participants of cancellations via registration information. Participants may also call 216.368.2090 for cancellations.
Refunds can be processed using the credit card used at the time of registration and payment. All forms of payment will be refunded by check from Case Western Reserve University to the student. Please allow three to four weeks for the refund check to be processed and mailed to the address given at the time of registration. If there has been an address change, please provide the corrected address with your withdrawal request.