Vancouver - Inside Passage - Ketchikan – Wrangell -Sitka - Endicott Arm - Tracy Arm Fjord - Juneau
July 13 – 20, 2023
President Eric Kaler and his wife Karen invite you to join them on this exploration-style cruise through the Inside Passage from Vancouver to Juneau during optimal long summer days aboard the exclusively chartered, Five‑Star, all‑suite small ship Star Breeze.
Faculty Host: Jessica Berg, Dean, School of Law; Tom J.E. and Bette Lou Walker Professor of Law, School of Law; Professor, Department of Bioethics, School of Medicine; Professor, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, School of Medicine
See Misty Fjords National Monument Park and call at Ketchikan, Wragnell and Sitka. Look for humpback whales at Point Adolphus and navigate isolated inlets inaccessible to larger vessels for superlative views of Alaska’s spectacular scenery. Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord to majestic South Sawyer and Dawes Glaciers. Onboard naturalists provide lectures focused on local wildlife and landscapes.
Optional Pre-tour: Vancouver and Victoria
Optional Post-tour: Anchorage, Denali, and Fairbanks
Cost: Cabins start at $4,995 per person based on double occupancy
Early Registration Discount: Register by January 15 and save up to $3600 per couple
- Eight-day voyage from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to Juneau, Alaska, U.S., through the magnificent Inside Passage aboard the M.V. Star Breeze.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suites, each with an ocean view.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Cruise British Columbia’s protected Inside Passage, one of the most spectacular coastal waterways in the world.
- Onboard expert naturalist guides to help identify the natural wonders and incredible wildlife of the Inside Passage.
- Cruise through dramatic Misty Fjords National Monument (weather and sea conditions permitting).
- Visit to picturesque Sitka, once the “capital of Russian America,” to see St. Michael’s Cathedral and its priceless Russian Orthodox icons and to tour the Alaska Raptor Center.
- Humpback whale watching near Point Adolphus
- Visit to the remote fishing village of Elfin Cove on pristine Chichagof Island.
- Cruise Endicott Arm for harbor seal watching and to see tidal Dawes Glacier (weather and sea conditions permitting).
- Cruise stunning Tracy Arm Fjord with a scenic, up-close cruise excursion to South Sawyer Glacier.
For more information about this trip, please contact:
Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: CWRU’s Luminary Society members may receive additional discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For further information on Luminary Society travel discounts only, please contact The Office of Strategic Giving or 216.368.4460.