Planning a Safe Event
Special events may require police and/or security officers. Staffing guidelines will be determined by the Division of Public Safety.
- Security requests must be submitted at least seven business days before the event.
- If you don't receive confirmation within 48 hours of your request (not including weekends), contact Corporal Matt King at email@example.com.
- You must provide a speed type for billing upon service request.
- Officer duties and special concerns should be discussed with Police and Security Services prior to the event.
- An on-site contact person must be available.
Guidelines for General Events
CWRU PD recognizes that a sporting, special events, and other times officers may be required to provide crowd control and security. Please note that you may request a specific number of officers needed for you event, but the CWRU Police Department will be responsible for assessing the proper number of officers needed based on factors such as crowd size, type of event, location, alcohol, prior history, money exchange, etc.
Event Billing Information
The fee (set July 1, 2022) is $45 per hour, per officer. A minimum of three hours is required. Event cancellation requires 24 hours notice, or else a three-hour minimum fee will be charged per officer scheduled.