Skip to Main Content
CWRU Links


The University Registrar's Office issues all university diplomas.


Starting with Spring 2015 graduates, CWRU is proud to make available to you a Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma); an official, highly secure electronic version of your university diploma.
Learn more >

To order a replacement diploma certificate, please submit the Replacement Diploma Certificate Request.  

A legal name change request can be made to reflect a new legal name on the replacement diploma certificate. To request a legal name change, please visit our Name Change page. If submitting a name change request, please submit all required documentation and replacement diploma form at the same time. Contact for more information.

Current Students

Case Western Reserve University grants degrees to qualified candidates three times per year—in August, for students who complete their programs during the summer semester; January, for students who complete their programs during the fall semester; and May, for students who complete their programs during the spring semester.

There is only one commencement exercise, which is in May. At this time, May degree candidates receive their diplomas as part of the ceremony. Students who indicate on their graduation application that they will not participate in the ceremony can choose to have their diploma mailed to them. Students may also arrange to pick up diplomas from their respective dean's or registrar's office - see contacts below. Students may not receive diplomas prior to the date on which the degree is to be conferred.

Career:Contact Information:
All Undergraduate Level Students Office of Undergraduate Studies
Graduate Students Office of Graduate Studies
Dental Students Dental School Registrar
Law Students Law School Registrar
Management Students WSOM Registrar 
Medical Students Medical School Registrar
Nursing Students Nursing School Registrar
Applied Social Sciences Students SASS Registrar