Call for Spring 2024 Applicants
UCITE is excited to announce that applications are now open for the Spring 2024 cohort of the AIIDE TLC!
The principle goal of this program is to create spaces for interdisciplinary discussion and practical activities that will expand faculty participants' application of inclusion, internationalization, diversity, and equity practices in their teaching and learning environments
AIIDE TLC Program objectives are:
- Define diversity, equity, inclusion and internationalization;
- Actively apply these concepts in your teaching and learning practice.
- Recognize personal biases (both conscious and unconscious) that might affect participants’ teaching.
- Select and make use of intentional strategies aimed at removing bias in the learning environment.
- Start drafting teaching practices for the application of the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in your learning environment.
- Locate and interact with resources at Case Western Reserve University that would support your evolving DEII practices in teaching and research.
- Write an intentional strategy for sharing these resources with others in their department.
The AIIDE TLC is open to all teaching faculty at CWRU as a 14-week seminar program. Meetings will take place weekly on Wednesdays from 12:45pm - 2:00pm (except for Spring Break). Faculty participants should allow approximately four hours per week for readings, journal reflections, and artifact development. Participation in this interdisciplinary collaborative requires a commitment to engage with colleagues for all 14 weekly seminars. Faculty who successfully complete the AIIDE TLC will receive a $2,000 grant for academic purposes.
Spaces are limited to 12 participants.
To apply, please click here. AIIDE TLC applications are due Friday, 8 December 2023.
If you have any questions as you consider applying for the Program, please contact the UCITE office at email@example.com.