Faculty members Lisa Huisman Koops and Nate Kruse, along with graduate students Jessica Steuver and Dennis Giotta, alumna Kelsey Kordella Giotta (CWR ‘20), and Julie Ballantyne from The University of Queensland, Australia, presented four research sessions and one poster session at the National Association for Music Education Biennial (NAfME) conference in November.
The presentations represented several national and international research collaborations on the topics of:
- Career preparation of doctoral students;
- The experience of music teaching during COVID;
- Mental health impact of participation in a choir during the pandemic;
- Student perceptions of expressed versus applied requirements in undergraduate music education curricula; and
- The influences and structuring of a home musical environment of a family with young children.
Read more about the conference and the presentations on the College of Arts and Sciences webpage.