LGBT Events

CWRU Graduate and Professional LGBT Student Groups

  • Lambda Law Students Association: School of Law LGBT group
  • Mandel Allies: Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences LGBT group
  • QGrad: CWRU LGBT Graduate and Professional Student Association (CWRU-wide Student Group)

CWRU Resources

  • Transgender Healthcare Policy: In-Network: 80% of eligible charges are paid for by The Plan, the remaining 20% of charges are the responsibility of the student. Sexual Reassignment Surgery Limited to $50,000 per Plan year. Hormone Therapy is covered under the prescription benefit.
  • LGBT Center: The CWRU LGBT Center involved in advocacy for campus wide LGBT climate, multiple discussion groups (asexual, bisexual, gender nonconforming, LGBT POC)
  • LGBTA Committee: LGBT faculty and staff that work on campus climate for faculty, staff, and students
  • LGBT-friendly CWRU Counseling Services: Jes Sellers and Jane Daroff provide student mental health and wellness services and are an integral part of the Cleveland LGBT community
  • Office of Multicultural Affairs: Focuses on diversity and inclusion among students
  • Office of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity: Focuses on diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students
  • Sustained Dialogue: A formalized program to discuss and address bias among faculty, staff, administration, and students
  • Bias Reporting System: A formalized and streamlined process to address complaints about bias-related occurrences among students on campus

Cleveland/Akron Resources

National Resources

  • GLMA: The Gay & Lesbian Medical Association is a national organization of providers advancing LGBT equality in healthcare
  • GLMA LGBT Provider Directory: Provider directory for clinicians trained in LGBT sensitive healthcare
  • Point Foundation: National scholarships for LGBT students
  • LGBT Resource Center at UCSF: General information on policy and tools in LGBT healthcare
  • Center of Excellence for Transgender Health at UCSF: The leading resource in transgender healthcare policy and tools
  • National AMSA Gender and Sexuality Committee: National resource for medical students and LGBT healthcare
  • Trans Lifeline: Trans Lifeline is a non-profit dedicated to the well being of transgender people and is staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs members of our community might have. 877.565.8860
  • The Trevor Lifeline: The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24. 866.488.7386
  • The GLBT National Help Center: The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) National Help Center, founded in 1996, is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity. 888.843.4564
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 800.784.2433