Orbitrap Elite™ Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
Analyze demanding proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics and metabolism samples in greater depth using the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap Elite™ Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer. This instrument combines a high-field Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap ™ mass analyzer and Thermo Scientific™ Velos Pro™ ion trap technology to deliver very high resolution, speed, sensitivity and complementary fragmentation information.
- Very high resolving power—up to 240,000 FWHM—facilitates analysis of low-abundance components in complex samples and resolves isobaric species and isotope fine structures with confidence
- Ion optics with novel neutral-blocking technology and an advanced detection system increase system robustness and quantification capabilities
- Advanced signal processing combined with fast scanning ensures UHPLC compatibility
- Multiple fragmentation techniques—CID, HCD and optionally ETD—provide versatility and complementary data
- Innovative pre-amplifier electronics improve sensitivity
- Parallel MS and MSn capability speeds analyses
6540 UHD Q-TOF System Features
- Agilent Jet Stream thermal-gradient-focusing technology provides high femtogram MS/MS sensitivity and identification of trace level compounds.
- Up to 500 ppb mass accuracy improves confidence and reduces false positives.
- Fast data acquisition rates of up to 20 spectra/second ensure maximum compatibility with Agilent 1290 UHPLC and high-through put methods.
- Up to five orders of in-spectrum dynamic range improves detection of trace-level targets in the presence of high-abundance compounds.
- Up to 40,000 mass resolution distinguishes target analytes from intereferences.
- High-definition isotopic fidelity confirms molecular formulas with greater confidence.
ThermoFisher Triple Quadrapole Mass Spectrometer
The TSQ Quantum Ultra EMR™ offers higher resolution, higher resolution precursor selection, and an Extended Mass Range of up to 3000 daltons. This extended mass range capability allows high-resolution analysis of a whole new
class of biopolymers including peptides, polysaccharides, intact proteins, and oligo nucleotides. It combines the benefits of the TSQ Quantum Ultra, including constant neutral loss scanning, parent scanning, high-resolution precursor ion selectivity, SRM and H-SRM to deliver a complete solution for the proteomics and large molecule research community.
High-Confidence Results, Quickly
- HRAM and full-scan capabilities capture all sample data, all the time, enabling retrospective data analysis without need to re-run samples
- Resolving power up to 140,000 FWHM eliminates isobaric interferences, increasing confidence in results when analyzing samples in complex matrices
- Better than 1ppm mass accuracy in full-scan and all-ion fragmentation (AIF) modes ensures confident compound identification
- Fast scanning at 12hz and spectral multiplexing suited to UHPLC applications
- Rapid polarity switching maximizes information obtained
- AIF and multiple dissociation techniques—in-source CID and HCD—aid in compound identification
- Extended mass range to 6,000m/z enhances detection of singly charged small molecules and biomolecules
- More than four orders of magnitude intrascan dynamic range, along with femtogram-level sensitivity, allow detection of trace-level and high-abundance compounds in the same scan