Virtual Open House
Our upcoming virtual open houses will be held on the following dates:
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 7:00-8:00 p.m. Eastern
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. Eastern
Attendees will need access to both a phone and computer.
On the computer, visit https://cwru.zoom.us/my/rkh30
Then to connect audio dial 877 853 5247 (US Toll Free)
Enter Meeting ID: 574 096 7970
Registration is not required
Please direct questions to email@example.com
A recording of our most recent virtual open house is available below.
Click here to listen to last year's virtual open house recording if the video above does not work.
Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program Overview
The Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program combines academic work with clinical practice at either of the dietetic internships at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center or the Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
The Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program is 17 months and is non-thesis. The first 12 months are devoted to completing the accredited Dietetic Internship Program (Tuesday-Friday) and 15 hours of required graduate school coursework (Monday). The remaining graduate school requirements are completed during the final months.
To be eligible to apply to either internship, students must have a verification statement from a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). Admission to the Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program is contingent on the student’s being selected and matched to one of the hospital internships via the application/matching procedure outlined by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Students who already hold the RDN credential, or who are pursuing an internship at another area program are not eligible for the Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program. They are encouraged to apply to the MS in Nutrition. Students who are interested in obtaining the RDN credential but who have not yet completed a DPD can complete these requirements in combination with either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at CWRU prior to their application to the Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program.
- A minimum of 30 semester hours is required
- including a minimum of 21 graduate credits (400 level or above) in Nutrition.
- Required courses are completed in the first two semesters of the program(15 credit hours):
- NTRN 516: Seminar in Dietetics I (Fall, 4 credits)
- NTRN 517: Seminar in Dietetics II (Spring, 4 credits)
- NTRN 561: Investigative Methods in Nutrition (Fall 4, credits)
- NTRN 562: Research Practicum (Spring, 3 credits)
- The remaining 15 credit hours of electives are completed in the second fall after individual planning with the student's academic advisor.
- Students may elect to complete a certificate in Maternal and Child Nutrition, which may require completion of additional coursework.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all courses taken for credit in the Masters degree program.
- Passing a final, written comprehensive exam in the final semester.
- An approved Planned Program of Study (PPOS) on file with the School of Graduate Studies by the end of the second semester of study.
Please direct all questions to:
- Contact: Rosa K. Hand, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND
- Phone: 216.368.3231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org