This year's retreat is October 17th through the 18th, 2019. Check back later when it is time to register!
What is the Retreat?
Each year students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty and staff gather together for two days of presentations by students and postdocs—both talks and posters. The two-day retreat provides you with the opportunity to showcase your research and learn about scientific endeavors and accomplishments within the department. You will also have the chance to initiate collaborations and get to know your colleagues better.
- Two guest speakers are invited: a nominal scientist in the field of pharmacology as a keynote speaker to present his research accomplishments; and
- a senior faculty associated with the Department of Pharmacology to present a story of his research career.
The first day evening is used to socialize through fun team-based games.
- All Pharmacology graduate students (with the exception of first-year students) and postdoctoral fellows are required to submit abstracts as part of their training experience.
- Abstracts will be assigned to either an oral or poster presentation session at the discretion of the retreat organizers.
- Other individuals that desire to submit an abstract for consideration are encouraged to do so, however preference will be given to Pharmacology students and postdocs for oral presentations.
- Allocated time for the oral presentation is 10-12 min with 3-5 min for discussion.
- There are two poster sessions, one on each day.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Check back later for deadlines! Late submissions cannot be accepted. If an abstract is not formatted per the below guidelines, it will be returned for correction.
- Microsoft Word Document
- 1-inch margins
- Calibri Font, 10 pt.
- Maximum 2000 characters and spaces
- Name your file: Lastname.Firstname.Abstract2019
- Email to: email@example.com
- Presenter: Student Name, Graduate Student, (Liu Lab)
- Track: Cancer Therapeutics
- Title: Understanding the role of miR-206 and ITGA2 in breast cancer
All attendees must register individually.
Cost: $100.00 per attendee. The charge will be applied to the Lab Speedtype indicated by Faculty. Cancellations after September 6th are subject to a $200.00 fee.