Advising Holds


If you are a student in a program that uses advising holds, an advising hold is placed on your record twice a year. Once you meet with your advisor to finalize your course selections, they will remove the hold, allowing you to register.

If your advisor is not available to meet with you during the advising period, you should contact your department (see the General Bulletin for departmental contacts). If you are still unable to reach anyone to have your advising hold released, you may contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies or the School of Graduate Studies. The University Registrar's Office cannot release advising holds.

Multiple Academic Plans

If you have more than one academic plan, please consult with each advisor for each plan, but you can have your advising hold released by either advisor if you are a double major or dual degree student.