Navigating the job and internship market in a different country presents some challenges and we are here to help you in your career development. We hope the following resources will offer a starting point for answering questions such as how to find an internship or research opportunity, building a professional network, and identifying companies open to international candidates.
Did you know that you are eligible to work on and off campus as an international student? To learn more about maintaining visa status, check out the employment and training section of the International Student Services website. If you receive an offer of employment, make an appointment with a career consultant to receive guidance before accepting any offer.
As you learn about employment options in the U.S., your first stop should be International Student Services at Case Western Reserve. Their resources will help you identify work options while maintaining vista status. The resources below are also available online so you are knowledgeable about your employment rights.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators: the world's largest nonprofit association dedicated to international education and exchange, working to advance policies and practices that ensure a more interconnected, peaceful world today and for generations to come.
- The International Advantage: a book and program developed by a former international student.
- International Student Careers: a career resource for international students studying in the US.
- ICAWay: an empowering community for international students that includes job search tips and personal coaching.
- Immigrants Rising: empowers undocumented young people to achieve educational and career goals through personal, institutional and policy transformation.
- Study in the States DHS - F/M Student Employment
- Study in the States - Volunteering In the United States
- Undocumented Students College Guide: Advice & Resources for Undocumented College Students
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Immigration Services - Students and Employment
- My Undocumented Life: Up to date information and resources for undocumented immigrants
- Cultural Visas (J-1 Internships)
- GoinGlobal: Access this online resource via My Career to view visa application listings for American employers seeking to hire international talent in the United States.
- H1B Salary Database: This website indexes the Labor Condition Application (LCA) disclosure data from the United States Department of Labor (DOL).
- HB1 Grader Database
- International Student Job Board
- My Visa Jobs: Create a profile, upload your resume, and search by employer, job title, or industry for past sponsorship information.
- Global Cleveland: attracts, welcomes and connects international newcomers to economic and social opportunities in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County.
- Global Rising: a nine-month professional development program that gives Northeast Ohio's international newcomers a chance to network and increase their leadership abilities. Benefits include a designated professional mentor and a speaker series featuring industry leaders