At Weatherhead School of Management, we’re committed to fostering and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all students, faculty, staff and alumni feel a sense of belonging, respect and value, and where all feel empowered to succeed academically, professionally and personally. As a community, we appreciate and celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage inclusive relationships and interactions among all community members.
Our school is committed to upholding management as a noble and inclusive profession. We develop leaders who strengthen and advance diverse, equitable and inclusive environments in their workplaces and communities.
We cultivate an intellectually and culturally diverse community that is welcoming to all students, faculty, and staff and serves as a source of pride and center of lifelong engagement for alumni. We welcome a broad set of perspectives and ideas from different disciplines and schools of thought.
Provide an environment and culture where our faculty, staff, students and alumni work inclusively in teaching, research, service and outreach.
Provide a supportive infrastructure to drive inclusive behavior and culture throughout the school.
Proactively adjust the student, faculty and staff composition to improve diversity.
Develop and support an interdisciplinary approach to management curriculum.
Weatherhead School Diversity Liaisons
Our diversity liaisons spearhead diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Weatherhead School of Management.
Deborah BibbExecutive Director, EnrollmentCareer Development and Student ExperienceWeatherhead School of Management
Diana BilimoriaKeyBank ProfessorDepartment of Organizational BehaviorWeatherhead School of ManagementDepartment ChairDepartment of Organizational BehaviorWeatherhead School of Management
Weatherhead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Board
The mission of the Weatherhead DEI Advisory Board is to provide advice and serve as a resource to promote Weatherhead’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and develop a welcoming and inclusive school culture.
- Help integrate the achievement of diversity, equity and inclusion as guiding principles in every aspect of the school’s operations.
- Recognize exemplary practices, programs and individuals that embody a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identify opportunities that enhance education and professional development in valuing diversity and cultural competency.
- Serve in an advisory capacity related to implementation and monitoring of progress toward key action steps outlined in the school’s strategic plan.
David ClingingsmithAssociate ProfessorDepartment of EconomicsWeatherhead School of Management
Philip A. ColaAssociate ProfessorDepartment of Design & InnovationWeatherhead School of ManagementAssistant Professor of MedicineCase Western Reserve UniversityWeatherhead School of ManagementDirectorDepartment of Regulatory Knowledge and Support CoreCase Western Reserve University
Sharon NorrisSenior Program ManagerExecutive Education ProgramsWeatherhead School of Management
Fourth-year undergraduate student, Case Western Reserve University