Picnic grounds are available for use Monday - Saturday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. during open season, which include the second full week in April through the first weekend in October (No Sunday events).
Based on the University calendar, certain dates are considered unavailable for reservation. Those dates are as follows:
- Any Scheduled University Holiday
- Any day that immediately precedes or follows a scheduled University Holiday
Two picnic areas can be reserved:
- Open areas #1 and #2 (no shelter)
- Shelter #4 - currently the only picnic pavilion at the Farm
- Please note the very popular shelter #3 had to be decommissioned
Picnic Shelter #4
CWRU & Affiliated Organizations, Educational Use
Max capacity 50 guests. $200 per day
Small Private Picnics
$50, max 50 guests
No recreational activities available in this area of the Farm (Shelter only).
Off driveway to the West of the pavilion. Two designated parking spots are located in front of #4 for unloading only. All other vehicles must park at the designated lot or main parking lot. No parking on grass at or near the shelter.
Indoor restrooms are located near the Pink Pig Facility in the Silo. Two portable restrooms are being added adjacent to this pavilion August 2021-October 16, 2021.
Open Areas #1 and #2
These two sites are open grassy areas. There is no covered shelter. Each site has one grill and a few picnic tables to accommodate smaller private picnics under 20 guests.
Small Picnic Shelter #5
Located along road near the pine grove, is available on a first-come, first-serve basis for up to 15 people. This site has one small grill and two picnic tables. Parking is prohibited on gravel road so please park in main lot or at picnic grounds when using #5 and hike in.
Cancellations, Other Fees & Picnic Policies
- $75 Cancellation Fee for cancellation of reservations less than 14 days prior to event. The full fee will be charged for cancellations within 72 hours of event.
- $200 MINIMUM WILL BE CHARGED for any damage to the facility. Additional charges my apply
- $50.00 per hour excessive cleaning fee, if required.
- $50 Change Date Fee for date changes made to reservation after signing and returning reservation form and event confirmation is completed
- Tents, bounce houses, recreational rental equipment are not permitted at any of the picnic sites.
- If other private recreational equipment is requested, please contact the Farm administration office a week prior to the event (216.368.0274).
- Please view the picnic area usage guidelines and farm alcohol policy prior to making reservations.
- For more information on picnics at the University Farm please email email@example.com or call the Farm Office at 216.368.0274.