Picnic areas are available for use Monday - Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. during open season, April 18 - October 8, 2022. (No Sunday events.)
Based on the University calendar, certain dates are considered unavailable for reservation. Those dates are as follows:
- Any Scheduled University Holiday
- Any day that immediately precedes or follows a scheduled University Holiday
One picnic area can be reserved:
- Area #1 (the Pavilion) - Currently the only large pavilion at the Farm
Picnic Area #1 (Pavilion)
CWRU & Affiliated Organizations, Educational Use
$250.00 per day. Max capacity: 100 guests.
Small Private/Family Picnics
(CWRU Faculty/Staff/Student/Alumni Only)
$75.00 per day. Max permitted attendance: 50 guests.
No recreational activities are available in this area of the Farm.
Off driveway to the west of the pavilion. Two designated parking spots are located in front of Area #1 for unloading and handicap parking only. All other vehicles must park at the designated lot or the main parking lot. No parking on grass at or near the shelter.
Two portable toilets (one is handicap accessible) are located at Picnic Area #1. Indoor restrooms (with showers) are located in the Silo near the Pink Pig and Main Farmhouse building.
Small Picnic Area #2 (Pine Grove)
Located along road near the pine grove, is available on a first-come, first-serve basis for up to 20 people. This sheltered site has one small grill and two picnic tables. Parking is prohibited on gravel road so please park in the main lot by the greenhouse when using Area #2 and hike in.
Cancellations, Other Fees & Picnic Policies
- $75 Cancellation Fee for cancellation of reservations less than 14 days prior to event. The full fee will be charged for cancellations within 72 hours of event.
- $150 MINIMUM WILL BE CHARGED for any damage to the facility/picnic area. Additional charges my apply.
- $50 per hour excessive cleaning fee, if required.
- $50 Change Date Fee for date changes made to reservation after signing and returning reservation form and event confirmation is completed
- Tents, inflatables, recreational rental equipment are not permitted at any of the picnic sites.
- No open flame is permitted except in designated grills.
- All dogs on Farm property must be leashed at all times.
- Please view the picnic area usage guidelines and farm alcohol policy prior to making reservations. All events with alcohol served MUST use a CWRU-preferred caterer to procure and serve. Alcohol is prohibited at private picnics and student group events.
- All ponds and restricted research areas are off limits to picnic guests.
- For more information on picnics at the University Farm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Farm Office at 216.368.0274.