CWRU Department/Center/NFP group Picnic Facility
The usage fee is $250 per site per day
Private Family Picnic
The usage fee is $50
Private Picnics reservation at Shelter #3
Each year, for up to 100 guests. The usage fee is $500 (5 slots per open season only)
- Picnic areas are open from the second week in April through the first weekend in October.
- Only recognized University groups may use the picnic areas. Reservations can be made by CWRU staff or faculty only. An individual affiliated with CWRU may reserve one picnic area only for a private family group of up to 50 people. $50 usage fee charged payable to Farm office prior to event. Private affiliated picnics must fall within the 50 person limit (no corporate or business events permitted).
- Based on the University calendar, certain dates are considered unavailable for use of the Manor House. Those dates are as follows: 1) New Year's Eve, 2) Any Scheduled University Holiday, 3) Any day that immediately precedes or follows a scheduled University Holiday.
- Farm grounds close at dusk. Picnics must be cleaned up and groups departing at dusk.
- No overnight camping events permitted.
- All dogs must be leashed at all times. Please keep dogs out of restricted areas (signs are posted). See our dog policy for more information.
- Must clean up after pets and dispose of in trash receptacles.
- Picnic areas 1, 2, 3, and 4 need to be reserved. Area 3 is under a shelter and can host 120 guests each (group size for CWRU sponsored Department/Student events only). Areas 1 and 2 can host up to 20 guests per site.
- Teaching Shelter #4 can be reserved for up to 60 guests. Parking is located at nearby parking lot off main road to November Meeting Center. There are 4 handicap/drop off parking slots designated in front. No parking on grass or gravel road.
- There is no electricity at any of the picnic areas.
- Not permitted to post event signs on Farm property.
- Softball fields and volleyball areas are to be shared by all.
- Grills are located at every picnic site. Personal grills or grilling/cooking equipment are not permitted on farm property.
- No bonfires are permitted.
- No inflatables are permitted.
- Garbage and trash must be put in the trash cans with the lids tightly closed. Please put recyclables in the recycling cans.
- Carry your CWRU ID Card.
- Groups using the picnic areas are subject to general farm policies and guidelines.
- Research areas (ponds) are off limits to everyone.
- No live music bands or DJs are allowed. Music volume must be contained to your picnic area.
- Beer and wine are allowed at the picnic areas. Kegs are not allowed. Open containers must be disposed of prior to leaving property.
- No tents are permitted.
- No inflatables are permitted.
- New University Tobacco-free Policy: (effective July 1, 2017) All persons on CWRU property, regardless of their purpose (e.g., staff, faculty, students, patients, visitors, contractors, subcontractors, etc.), are prohibited from using tobacco products. "Tobacco" refers to any product containing tobacco in any existing and future form. "CWRU property" refers to all indoor and outdoor space owned, rented or leased by CWRU, including CWRU vehicles, parking areas, and private vehicles while they are on CWRU property. For more detail visit University Tobacco-free Policy.