Learn more about the range of benefits extended to CWRU employees and their partners.
Domestic Partner Defined for Purpose of Health Benefits
Domestic Partners are defined as two individuals of the same or different sex:
- who are both 18 years of age or older and have the capacity to enter into a contract; and
- who are involved in an exclusive, long-term, and committed relationship; and
- who have resided together in a common household continuously for at least six (6) consecutive months; and
- who intend to reside together indefinitely; and
- who are not related by blood to a degree of closeness which would prohibit legal marriage in the State in which the partners legally reside; and
- who have agreed to be jointly responsible for each other's welfare, financial obligations, and basic living expenses, including food, shelter, and health care expenses; and
- who are not married, who are not currently involved in any other domestic partnership, and who have not been involved in any other domestic partnership or marriage for the last twelve (12)months, unless that partnership or marriage ended because of death.