Students interested in a Master of Science degree in Systems Biology and Bioinformatics must directly apply to the program through the School of Graduate Studies.
Students applying to the SYBB program will be expected to have an undergraduate degree in one of the component disciplines of the program including biological, computer, or quantitative sciences. The following undergraduate courses are strongly recommended:
- Introductory Biology (2 semesters);
- Introductory Chemistry (2 semesters);
- Introductory Physics (2 semesters);
- Calculus through differential equations;
- Introductory Computer Science; and
- Introductory Statistics.
The academic background of all students who are offered admission to and are admitted to the program will be evaluated for suitability based on the criteria above. Remedial work to cover any deficiencies in background may be recommended as a condition of matriculation. Remedial coursework will be incorporated into the student's individualized course of study.
For a complete application, students must submit:
- A unofficial bachelor’s degree transcript (an official transcript is required prior to enrollment)
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application fee
- Personal statement
- Supplement of prior research experience
- GRE scores are optional, but recommended
- An English proficiency exam is required for international applicants
|Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Fall International Deadline*||May 1||June 1|
|Fall Final Deadline||August 1||August 15|
*Recommended for international students requiring a new visa.