Preregistration is required for all in person (or Zoom) training. Class sizes are limited. See individual training types for contact and registration information.
This training is an Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) Formaldehyde Standard (29 CFR 1910.1048) information review. During this training, you will learn:
- The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard,
- Potential Health Effects of working with formaldehyde,
- Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL) set by OSHA,
- Recommended Exposure Limits (REL) set by NIOSH,
- Signs and symptoms of exposure,
- Exposure control methods,
- Emergencies and spill procedures,
- Medical Surveillance,
- Record keeping
- and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Who should train?
The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard covers workers who will—or may—come in contact with formaldehyde gas or vapor at or above 0.1ppm and those who work with liquids containing more than 0.1% formaldehyde.
Can I train online?
This course is offered online only. To take this online course, you must have already attended Laboratory Standard training or General Hazard Communication training in person. All online training is done through Canvas. Log in and visit your portal to review your required training courses.
How to sign up
You must register for this online training course by calling EHS at 216.368.2907.