Laboratory Standard Training
Laboratory Standard training fulfills retraining requirements for both Laboratory Standard and the use of regulated chemicals such as benzene, formaldehyde and methylene. During this training, you will learn about/review:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) regulations that apply to university personnel including:
- Chemical hazards present at university laboratories and how to identify them;
- Other general hazards association with the campus;
- Exposure, exposure limits and protection from exposure;
- Basic laboratory safety skills;
- Handling of chemical and non-chemical waste; and
- Emergency procedures.
Who should train?
Laboratory Standard training is required for everyone who works in a laboratory.
Those who have attended in-person training may take advantage of our online retraining course. If you’ve already had training, you must retrain online each year.
How to sign up for online training:
All online training is done through Blackboard. Log in and visit your portal to review your required training courses.
If you are a new laboratory worker or are more than a year out of date, you must register for an in-person training session. Preregistration is required for all training. Class sizes are limited, so make sure to sign up as soon as you are made aware of this training.
How to sign up for in-person training:
Use our quick and simple sign-up form to register for in-person training.