Expenses (subject to change)
- Graduate school application fee - $50 (due ONLY after matched)
- Tuition – $58,903 (based on 2020-2021 rates)
- Activity fee - $19/semester
- One to One Fitness Center Membership (can be waived) - Fall $126 + tax, Spring/Summer $157 + tax
- Parking – varies based on campus lot selected and location of supervised practice sites
- Identification Badge – free; $25 to replace if lost
- Academy Student Membership – $58
- Cleveland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Student Membership – $15
- Health Insurance – $1367/semester (will be waived if student has alternate medical insurance)
- Liability Insurance – $26 for student coverage through Proliability
- Lab coat - $25 for basic styles
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification - $15 for online course
- CPR Certification - $45 - $65 (varies based on offering institution)
- Housing – Variable; responsible for own arrangements. Click here for information about the area. Average rent for a two-bedroom apartment starts around $800/month.
- Transportation - A vehicle is REQUIRED as supervised practice sites span the Greater Cleveland area. Public transportation may be appropriate for traveling to campus but likely not for getting to sites.
- Travel Expenses – Interns will be responsible for travel and living expenses for summer community/public health block rotation.
Post-Program Expenses (subject to change)
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership Dues
- Transfer from Academy Student Member to Active Member: $110
- Registration Examination Fee — $200
- Commission on Dietetic Registration Annual Maintenance Fee — $50
- Licensure Fee – varies by state
Each intern will receive a tuition stipend of $15,000 over the course of the program, disbursed in 3 installments of $5000. Installments are applied directly to the student’s tuition account in the form of a Memorandum of Assistance at the beginning of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th semesters.
As a graduate student, interns are eligible for federal loans, grants, and scholarships, such as the ones available through The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. While enrolled in academic coursework, payments on existing student loans may be deferred while you are enrolled in the internship program. For more information on Financial Aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at financialaid.case.edu.