CWRU Reproductive Health / Resources
Information about services covered can be found in this summary document of coverage included in the Aetna plan available to postdocs.
We know the Dobbs Supreme Court decision and resulting Ohio legislation elicited many questions and emotions for our CWRU community. Developed with valuable input from faculty (including many from the health sciences), staff, students and external experts, the CWRU Reproductive Health website serves as resource for information related to reproductive health. As always, the health and safety of our Case Western Reserve community continues to be our highest priority. Further, we support all individuals’ rights to reproductive health. And finally, we are committed to academic freedom and we will continue to uphold our policy on freedom of expression, as we know there are a range of opinions and views on this topic.
CWRU Reproductive Health website
CWRU Reproductive Health Task Force
* One of our CWRU postdocs is a member of the Roe Ruling Response Task Force, see their contact information here.
Health Emergency Fund
In addition to the existing student emergency fund, the university has created a separate fund to provide resources for health emergency-related travel, lodging and care (including for emergency healthcare not available in Ohio). Postdoctoral scholars and fellows also are eligible to apply for this assistance.
To request assistance, log into myhealthconnect.case.edu, click "Messages" on the left column, then click the “New Message” box on the top of the main screen. Finally, select the "Student Health Emergency Fund" option on the following screen.
- Cleveland Clinic Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health Institute: A short walk from CWRU, Cleveland Clinic’s main campus is located at 9500 Euclid Ave., Cleveland. Call 216.444.6601 to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment
- Cleveland Planned Parenthood: This center provides a range of services including contraception, counseling regarding reproductive health options and general health care. 216.851.1880; 7997 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH, 44103
- Planned Parenthood also has a location in Bedford Heights, about a half-hour drive from campus. 440.232.9372; 25350 Rockside Road, Bedford, OH 44146.
- MetroHealth Medical Center Obstetrics and Gynecology: A 15- to 20-minute drive from campus, MetroHealth’s primary hospital is located 2500 MetroHealth Dr., Cleveland, OH 44109. Call 216.778.4444 to make an appointment.
- Northeast Ohio Women’s Center: This center provides services a range of health services, including abortion if circumstances meet Ohio’s legal requirements. 330.923.4009; 3461 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 202, Shaker Heights, OH 44122 or 2127 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
- Preterm: Offers birth control and abortion services within the context of Ohio law. 216.991.4000; 12000 Shaker Blvd. Cleveland, OH 44120
- University Hospitals (UH) OB/Gyn & Women’s Health Services: Adjacent to our campus, the UH Cleveland Medical Center is located at 11100 Euclid Ave. Call 216.278.7294 to schedule an in-person, video, or telephone appointment.
- University Hospitals Reproductive Services for LGBTQIA+ Individuals: Several of the physicians providing these services are located at the UH Cleveland Medical Center. Call 216.278.7294 to schedule a consultation.
- Abortion Fund of Ohio: This organization provides financial and logistical support to individuals who need assistance to access abortions.
- Faith Choice Ohio: This organization is religiously affiliated and offers counseling, education and advocacy regarding all reproductive health options.