Prospective Postdocs

Why Work at CWRU?

Find out all the reasons why CWRU might be a great fit for you on our Why Work At CWRU site. Discover how we stack up against our peer institutions in terms of benefits and the resources available to you as a postdoc at our university. 

Application/Open Positions

Application for postdoctoral training at CWRU is made directly to a specific faculty member in an academic department or research unit. In order to help identify an appropriate faculty member, you may visit departmental websites for information by searching through the Schools and Programs page.

Academic Careers website : The Human Resources Department posts academic positions on this website.

School of Medicine's Faculty database : Search for basic contact information along with the ability to run a PubMed search, or to identify faculty who are doing research or clinical work in a particular field.

Postdoc jobs at CWRU are also occasionally posted on our Twitter or LinkedIn. Search the page for keyword "Job Alert".


Postdocs are expected to hold a doctoral degree from an accredited institution and to furnish proof of such degree(s). If the postdoctoral candidate has completed the requirements for the doctoral degree but has not yet received their degree, then they are required to supply documents certifying that all degree requirements have been met, including successful defense, and the date when the degree will be conferred.

All postdocs will certify that all of the application information provided and curriculum vitae are true. Any misrepresentation or omission of facts on the curriculum vitae or application documentation will be sufficient cause for refusal of appointment or dismissal from employment with the university. Postdoctoral candidates must submit the following to the university prior to appointment:

  1. Curriculum Vitae
  2. Degree or documentation thereof

Discover Cleveland Video

Research Associates

Research Associates are not hired or managed through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs; please contact your individual school leadership or Human Resources.