Case Western Reserve University Division of Public Safety
Location of incident: Corner of Mistletoe and Magnolia Drives
Date of Incident: Nov. 3, 2022
Time of Incident: 12:45 a.m.
Incident Description: A staff member was parked in their vehicle when two suspects approached and robbed the victim at gunpoint. The victim reported they suffered no injuries. The suspects then fled eastbound on Wade Park Avenue in a silver Honda Civic.
Suspect(s) Description: A sufficient description of the suspects is not available at this time.
Additional information: The suspects were reportedly driving a silver Honda Civic.
Initiated: Nov. 3, 2022
Information provided by: Case Western Reserve University police department
Survivors of crime are never at fault for their victimization. It is the perpetrators of these crimes who are responsible for their actions that make our campus less safe. However, Case Western Reserve University police would like to provide tips to the campus community that may help prevent future crimes:
- Use the buddy system with people you trust. Do not walk alone after dark on campus. When moving around the area at night, try to stick to better lit and more traveled routes, or walking with friends.
- Avoid using cell phones or other technology while walking and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Download and use the Spartan Ride app to access Safe Ride services and shuttle routes. Safe Ride runs seven days a week, between 6 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Trust your gut feelings and avoid persons and situations that make you feel uncomfortable.
- See something, say something. Report any suspicious behavior to CWRU police in the Spartan Safe app or by calling 216.368.3331.
- If you feel threatened or uncomfortable in regards to your safety, call CWRU police at 216.368.3333. If a situation is making you nervous, don't be afraid to alter your route, duck into a store or call for help.
Case Western Reserve University is committed to providing a safe environment for all members of the community. We strongly encourage individuals to regularly check case.edu/publicsafety/safety-
If you have any information on this crime, please call 216.368.3333 as soon as possible. If you would like to leave an anonymous tip, please call 216.368.3331.
Case Western Reserve University Division of Public Safety releases security alerts, in compliance with the federal Clery Act, when a Clery-reportable crime is committed and the university determines there is an ongoing threat on campus to the health or safety of students or employees.