Harkness Chapel is available to qualified couples for wedding celebrations during the summer, starting the weekend after commencement (mid-May) and ending the weekend before orientation (2nd weekend of August). University chapels may be reserved for use by faculty, staff, current students, alumni, and direct family members (sons/daughters or brothers/sisters) of faculty, staff, current students, and alumni.
- Contact the Department of Music for reservation information or to schedule a viewing. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rental of Harkness Chapel requires a $100 deposit at the point of contract to hold a date and a $1,000 rental fee ($100 deposit is applied to rental fee).
- Damages in excess of the rental fee will be billed separately. See Rules for Use.
- Two-hour rehearsal booking
- Four-hour ceremony booking
- Single booking per weekend (no conflicting events)
- Final walkthrough conducted 30-days prior to the ceremony (balance of the rental fee due at this point)
- Use of the piano (by a professional musician)
(services billed separately)
- Enharmonic Records
- Shiny Penny Studios
Keli Schimelpfenig, photographer
Photos: Rhapsody in Blue at Harkness Chapel
Guests are encouraged to park in the Campus Center Parking Garage (Lot S-29) when visiting campus. This garage is underground and the public entrance is located at 11172 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106. The entrance located along Bellflower Road is for permit holders only. Guests without an access card will not be able to enter/exit from this location. The garage is public and shared amongst several buildings, including Severance Hall. Guests of The Cleveland Orchestra are given priority on performance nights. Special event rates will apply on those occasions. Otherwise, daily rates charge up to $10 max.
Street parking is also available on a first-come, first-serve basis on both Bellflower Road and East Boulevard. Please see the meter for applicable rates and time restrictions.
Additional event parking is available at:
- CWRU Parking Locations
- University Circle parking lots
- Museum garages (Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Museum of Natural History)
- Public Transportation
Loading and Unloading
Guests or vendors can temporarily park in Campus (Lot 33), directly behind Harkness Chapel, when loading and unloading. Please provide the event coordinator (Department of Music) with general arrival times and vehicle descriptions so this information can be given to Case Western Reserve University Parking Services in advance. The entrance to this lot is next to the Ford Drive Garage (with chalkboard murals) at 1974 Ford Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106.