NIH Biosafety, Biosecurity and Emerging Biotechnology
The Biosafety Program at CWRU employs a multifaceted approach to ensure safe and responsible laboratory practices while maintaining compliance with the various regulatory agencies to whom we are responsible.
- BL3 Guidelines
- Laboratory Biosafety Manual
- Equipment and Room Clearance Form
- Exposure Control Plans
- Lab Coat Laundering
- ECP for Laboratories That Use or Store Biological Materials
- IBC Guidelines, Procedures and Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to certify my biosafety cabinet annually?
- Page 415 of the CDC's BMBL, 6th Edition states, "Each BSC should be tested and certified at least annually to ensure continued proper operation."
How do I go about getting my hood certified/recertified?
- Have your department administrator contact LCS-Laboratory Certification Services, Inc.
- 1-800-800-7105 or by Email: LCSservice@bestlabs.com
NOTE: You no longer have to fill out a form.