The Biosafety Program at CWRU employs a multifaceted approach to ensure safe and responsible laboratory practices while maintaining compliance with the various regulatory agencies to whom we are responsible.
- Laboratory Biosafety Manual
- Biosafety Cabinet Certification and Work Order Request
- Equipment and Room Clearance Form
- Exposure Control Plans
- Lab Coat Laundering
- ECP for Laboratories That Use or Store Biological Materials
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to certify my biosafety cabinet annually?
- Page 308 of the CDC's BMBL, 5th Edition states, "Each BSC should be tested and certified at least annually to ensure continued proper operation."